One of the best ways to support small local retailers is also the easiest-- shop!
This Mother's Day (or any day) get the special people in your life a gift from a local business. Working Solutions' clients are leveraging funding and consulting from Working Solutions to create thriving livelihoods for their families, employees, and communities. To see a full list of Working Solutions' clients in your neighborhood, check out our Client Directory!
- Amethyst Yoga Mat from Magic Carpet Yoga Mats. Sweat in style with yoga mats handpainted by artist and yoga enthusiast Sophie Leininger, and produced in Oakland!
- Art from Secession Art & Design. Visit this gallery and boutique in Bernal Heights representing over 50 independent artists (and they're having a Mother's Day pop-up on May 12th!)
- Patina Clock from Little Paper Planes. Check out Little Paper Planes' online store and shop in the Mission featuring crafts, stationery, and an artists' residency program.
- Chocolate from Firefly Chocolate, sourced in Belize and produced in Sonoma. Taste all eight mouthwatering flavors of these cacao bars- and know you're supporting a company that's helping the environment and their local partners.
- Merlot from Vinca Minor wines. Drink up the 2013 vintage from this Napa-based winery.
- iPhone case from Le Petit Collage. San Francisco-based Lorena Siminovich mostly creates toys and art for kids-- but we're glad she branched out with these adorable cases.
- Chevron cuff from Kris Nations Jewlery. Sisters Kim and Kris make delicate designs out of precious metals in Half Moon Bay.