The day we’ve been talking about and waiting for has finally arrived: Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Day!
Visit your favorite local Whole Foods Market in Northern California/Reno and they will allocate 5 percent of sales, divided evenly, among this year’s 13 grant winners. Some of the grantees will be having product demos at the following locations today:
San Francisco and Peninsula:
- Heliotrope* (San Francisco/Organic body care products): 399 Fourth St at Harrison; 5p-7p
- Sprouted Minds* (San Mateo/Delicious raw nutrition bars): n/a
- Suite Foods Waffles (San Francisco/Liège waffles): 2001 Market St, San Francisco; 5p-7p
- NeoCocoa (El Granada/ Gourmet chocolates): n/a
- The Great & Wonderful Sea of Change* (Windsor/Tasty seaweed snacks): 390 Coddingtown Mall, Santa Rosa; 3:30p-6:30p
- Rawkit Fuel (Petaluma/“Energy truffles”): n/a
- Dry Creek Peach & Produce (Healdsburg/Organic peaches):
- CHEVOO (Sonoma/Marinated Goat Cheese in Olive Oil): 201 W Napa St, Sonoma, 6910 McKinley St, Sebastopol, and 621 E Washington St, Petaluma; 3:30p-6:30p
- Sonoma Wool Company (Valley Ford/Dryer balls and dish drying mats): 3682 Bel Aire Plaza, Napa; 3:30p-6:30p
- Five by Five Tonics (Chico/Bitters and tonics): n/a
- 2nd Story Bakeshop (San Jose/Breads and pastries): n/a
- Sweetdragon Baking Company (San Jose/Nut brittles): 777 The Alameda, San Jose; 11a-1p
- Nevada Brining Company (Reno/Pickles): Del Monte Plaza, 6139 S Virginia St, Reno; 3p-7p
Since the program’s inception two years ago, Whole Foods and Working Solutions have distributed over $400,000 in grant funds to nearly 80 businesses The grants are significant for emerging local producers – enough to create new packaging, achieve organic certification, or upgrade equipment.
Come out and shop for a great cause – your dollars mean business for small business!
* – Working Solutions client