Local Producer Day is this Wednesday, July 20th! Don't forget to visit your favorite Whole Foods Market in Northern California/Reno and support small business!
Working Solutions is proud to be partnering with Whole Foods again this year on the Small Producer Grant program, an exciting regional initiative that makes grant dollars available to support the growth of new and innovative local food and body care product makers.
Now in it's third year, the initiative is part of the Whole Foods 5% Day program, which means that on July 20th, Whole Foods NorCal stores will allocate 5 percent of sales to be divided evenly among grant winners. Over $400,000 in grant funds have been distributed to nearly 80 businesses since the program’s inception two years ago. The grants are significant for emerging local producers – enough to create new packaging, achieve organic certification, or upgrade equipment.
Working Solutions is excited to administer the program again this year, and we are especially thrilled that three Working Solutions loan clients have been selected as grant recipients:
- The Great & Wonderful Sea of Change (Windsor): Tasty seaweed snacks
- Heliotrope (San Francisco): Organic body care products
- Sprouted Minds (San Mateo): Delicious raw nutrition bars
The other 2016 recipients by region are
San Francisco and Peninsula:
- Rawkit Fuel (Petaluma): “Energy truffles”
- Dry Creek Peach & Produce (Healdsburg): Organic peaches
- CHEVOO (Sonoma): Marinated Goat Cheese in Olive Oil
- Sonoma Wool Company (Valley Ford): Dryer balls and dish drying mats
- Five by Five Tonics (Chico): Bitters and tonics
- 2nd Story Bakeshop (San Jose): Breads and pastries
- Sweetdragon Baking Company (San Jose): Nut brittles
- Nevada Brining Company (Reno): Pickles
Learn more about the program here, and come out and shop for a great cause on July 20th – your dollars mean business for small business!